Phil Leigh;317871 Wrote:
> have to agree with radish...if it is in the same place the file is
> likely corrupt (it happens).
> Try playing the file using other software..

Hi and thanks for your replies,

The files play just fine on softsqueeze, I also used the flac binary in
SSODS (v1.2.0) to check a few - they're all ok from that point of view.
Would softsqueeze have some sort of fault tolerance to let a corruption
go unnoticed? Also I remember a mem leak issue with flac, but that was
probably in an earlier version.

When the playback is just about to go on pause, the display says
"rebuffering 0%" for a few seconds; although I cannot back this with
facts I am enclined to thinking that the SB has a problem initiating
the rebuffering: when the playback starts, the cache is loaded with the
first x Mo of the song; when comes the time to get the next chunk it
just gets confused and puts some white noise instead (the equaliser
indicates all frequencies @ 100% when one of those cracks happen). Then
I'm suspecting a safety mechanism stops the playback when it realises
that the buffer is corrupted.

I unfortunately do not have the time to investigate all possible paths,
but i've read other threads where users were complaining about more
serious quirks comparable to mine and so was hoping someone had already
gone deep inside the machine to find out what was going on.

Regards, Vincent.

--
vincoz