Uluen;318762 Wrote:
> Well, there is (not sure if it's fixed) a bug in XP causing this so if
> you don't bother patching your system you could lose data.

XP SP2 had a hofix for a very specific chipset which didn't help most
folks. That hotfix is supposedly incorporated in SP3 but it still fails
and fails for a lot of folks. I'm running SP3 and there is no hotfix for
SP3.

I've never had data corruption in over the 1.5 years running it with
the error on SP2. But the error was wicked annoying.

The problems seems fixed now. No errors at all now. And the fix could
not have been simpler (i.e. make sure disk is spun up during
hibernate/standby).

--
mswlogo

Thinkpad XP SS > Cat5 > Transporter > SPDIF-COAX > Meridian G68ADV
(Trifield, Room corrected, Upsampled) > DSP6000 Mains, DSP5500HC
Center, DSP33 Rears