I am running SC 7.0.1 - 19522 on Vista SP1 32bit.

I have just had to install .NET 1.1(and associated SP and Security
update) which is needed by McAfee backup and restore.

After doing this I get a .NET conflict "An unhandled exception has
occurred in your application.... .....Only one usage of each socket
address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

SC was working perfectly fine before I installed .NET 1.1, but now it
is stopped unless I restart the machine in which case SC starts but
McAfee backup will not start.

So it seems to me that this could be a conflict between SC and McAfee
Backup with .NET 1.1.

Has any one seen this problem before?

Is it possible to change the socket address for SC to avoid the
conflict?

All guidance constructive appreciated.

--
entrecour