Thanks Davep.

I should probably give more details.

I set up my Controller without any difficulties until the point where I
was asked to a choose player. I selected my player, to be presented with
the 'Connecting to player' screen. The controller stayed on this screen
for hours just looping. I've tried again and again going through the
set up process only to be met with the same problem. I can cancel the
looping 'Connecting' screen by turning on my squeezebox with the old
remote. This leaves me with a 'Home' screen on the controller with the
following menu items:

Now Playing
Settings
Extras
Turn On/Off 'Name of player'

If I select 'Settings' I get:

Screen
Music Source

So, basically, my problem is I have no menu items presented that give
me access to my music library apart from 'Now Playing'. Very
frustrating.

I'd really appreciate any help.

My set up is:

SqueezeCenter 7.0.1