autopilot;320034 Wrote:
> Can I just ask, with the iTunes remote app UI, what does the "abc...xyz"
> running down the right hand side of the screen do? I assume pressing "f"
> will quickly take you to "f" in the list?
>
> If so, i have not see that utilised before (although i guess its used
> on the iPhone/touch quite a bit) and its a very neat and smart, yet so
> simple, way to handle long lists. I would not swap my Squeezebox setup
> for a second because i can do so much more with it, but Apple really
> are the kings of UI design, you cant deny them that, regardless of
> weather they were the first to do it or not. Its little things like
> that which can really make the difference, long list still are not much
> fun with the SBc. Of course, it requires a touch screen.

Yep. It's actually the very best way to browse longs lists one can
imagine.
But then most of the SC web skins have this, too (Default, Nokia,
iPeng,...)
The usability in browsing lists on the iPhone is hard to beat.
However, if it comes to things like switching tracks/changing
volume/things like that the touch screen comes at a cost: you always
need to disable the screen saver first and look at the screen. No blind
switching as with the "old" iPods or the SBC.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com