Just took delivery of a new iTouch today, immediately upgraded to the
2.0 s/w so I could load 3rd party apps, then installed "Tuner," the
first legit way to get streams on this family of devices.

Of course, I immediately hooked into my SoftSqueeze server. This was no
easy task, as SS seems to want an playback device calling it in order to
play, and Tuner on my iTouch wants a stream to grab (a problem I often
run into with SS in general when not using my SlimBox). I finally
fooled SS into sending a stream to my IP address by opening an app
called Fstream on my Mac, establishing the connection, then connecting
to the server with my iTouch, then shutting down the Fstream
connection. (Complicated enough?!).

In any case, once I Got the connection up b/w SS and iTouch, I kept
getting hiccups. I tried capping the bitrate of the stream and
increasing the server-side buffer, to no avail. I also don't get
particularly good volume, as SS wants to keep it fixed at a fairly low
level on that end. BTW, I also tried a selection of high bitrate
stations (up to 192 bps) on the iTouch and had no problems.

Am I alone in this dilemma? Any advice, friends?

TIA.

--
rfrost