I've had the squeezebox duet for about 3 weeks now.  I had been running
slimserver/sqeezecenter for quite a while for remote streaming, so
there was really little for me to do to set it up.  It was fairly easy
and really worked flawlessly (including the MiP mixes) for a week.
I've had to exchange the remote because of a bad screen and nothing has
worked correctly since...

If I put the remote down and stop playing music for more than 20 min or
so, the remote loses connection to the server (red light on the wifi
strength indicator on the remote), but never my wireless.  50% of the
time I have to shut the remote off and turn it on to have it connect
(choosing player doesn't work).  The other 50% of the time, I can
actually browse and play music even the icon is still red--this never
changes back to white either.  Now I can't even reboot the remote--it
gets hung on the "Goodbye" screen and I have to pull out the battery.

Other problems: I can no longer use a password (it worked fine with my
first remote) on Squeezecenter.  This is a problem because I use it for
remote streaming.  It'll prompt me to enter username and password and
then just go in a loop where it keeps asking me over and over until it
hangs.  Currently I'm not using a password at all.  And finally, I'm
able to make a single MiP mix.  Every single mix I try to create pulls
up and plays the first MiP mix I made--this occurs even if I clear the
first mix.

What's so frustrating is that this product really was working
flawlessly, with the exception of a bad screen on the remote and now
it's virtually unusable.  I've also tried uninstalling both
squeezecenter and MiP and doing a full scan which didn't help either
(oh yeah, clear libary and rescan doesn't work either--I have to blow
away the database manually.)

Sqeezecenter Version 7.1-21511
Remote Version 7.1 r2704 (just downloaded this morning, but the
inability to shut down the remote remains)
This is running on XP SP3

Any help would be very appreciated.

--
Ultraviolet