TravisKleckner;321026 Wrote:

> Is it possible to setup and use the players without the whole remote
> package?
>
> Thanks in advance.

As others have pointed out, you need the remote to configure the player
for your wireless network.

Once past that you can use SC to control the player.  I do that almost
exclusively.  SC runs on our family room computer, adjacent to the
entertainment center, where the router and SBR are.  The computer is
almost always already on, so I use it rather than wait for the
controller to power up.  My kids like the web interface too.

Part of it will depend on your listening habits.  Personally, I fire up
a Rhapsody station or a long playlist and just let it go.  But if you
like to skip around a lot within your music library on the fly, the
remote would be much better.  Otherwise you'd have to stay parked in
front of your computer.

--
raaurora