cmkcambridge;321712 Wrote:
> I have my music stored on a QNAP and previously used my PC
> (Explorer/File Manager) to drag ripped music from the fie on my PC over
> to the QNAP/Slimserver.
>
> I have now bought an iMac and have some music on iTUnes on the Mac but
> can not find anyway of copying these file to the QNAP.
>
> Help PLEASE

The QNAP (as long as it's set up correctly on your network) will appear
in the iMac's Finder window under Shared. If you do not need a username
and password, your ripped music can just be copied over to the QNAP,
otherwise enter the username and password to gain access to the
folder.

Better still, if you are using iTunes to rip, why not point iTunes
directly to the folder on the QNAP where your music normally lives
saving the time having to transfer it? Go to Preferences / Advanced /
General / iTunes Music Folder location.

--
cashman