results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=50180
Question: Which Random Mix do you use most often?

- Random songs
- Random artists
- Random albums
- Random years
- No preference, I use several more or less equally

topa;323083 Wrote:
> Random Songs.
> Wouldn't it be great if you could play random songs within ONE genre
> too, without having to exclude all other genres in the settings?
> Something like "random chillout" or "random jazz" for the evening, and
> I dunnu, "random rock" for afternoons.
>
> I'de love to have a few customs random settings available in the menu.
If I recall correctly it used to be easy to do this with the standard
Random Mix, but it doesn't seem to be there any more in SC 7.2. Anyway,
it's easy to do this with Erland's Dynamic Playlist plugin, which is
what I use in place of Random Mix now.

As an alternative, you could also get what you're looking for by
selecting Music Library > Genres > [choose genre] > All albums and then
turn on shuffle play. Shuffle play is far less efficient than random
play, but it's the same idea.

--
aubuti