jsharper;323539 Wrote:
> Why would/should it show in New Posts when you are the last one who
> posted?  By definition, if you posted the last post, then you have seen
> the most recent post in that thread (you wrote it!), in which case there
> is nothing new in there that you haven't seen.  "New" is supposed to
> mean "new to you -- something you haven't seen yet" not "new to the
> forum -- recent posts"

Because that's the way it's always worked on forums and it's what I am
(and I'm sure many others are) used to seeing - not seeing it appear
led me to believe something was broken with the forum indexing, now I
understand it's a configuration change that someone thought was a good
idea and has made a global setting. Not really sure I fully understand
the reason for the change, but I'd have thought offering the option for
members to continue with the "old" way (which is standard on just about
every forum) would have been a good idea.

--
Milhouse