Pale Blue Ego;322803 Wrote:
> Ha ha, I just got done migrating my VHS tapes to DVD.  I think I'll
> stick with plastic discs for a while, at least for movies.  Very glad
> to get rid of the VCR and shelf full of tapes, though.

So tell me again why you lock up your movie bits on spinning discs but
not your music bits ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Seriously though, getting a PC hooked up to my TV and putting all my
DVD:s on hard disk has been a great solution for me (although I
wouldn't recommend it to anybody not comfortable dealing with computer
problems). Not as big a revelation as when I got my SqueezeBox for
music, but pretty close.

For the interested I have a couple of entries on my blog: in August
last year I 'tried out playing ripped DVD:s'
(http://niklasmorberg.blogspot.com/2007/08/playing-ripped-dvds-in-vista-media.html)
and in January this year moved on to 'stop playing DVD:s'
(http://niklasmorberg.blogspot.com/2008/01/time-to-stop-using-dvds.html).
Of course, it's 'never that easy'
(http://niklasmorberg.blogspot.com/2008/02/problem-with-external-usb-drive-and.html).

--