Not a problem I'm having.  I've seen something like it occasionally in
the past, where changes in state (on vs. standby) on the SB3 or SBR
weren't picked up by the Controller, and if I was late turning one unit
on, the C. wouldn't offer it as a choice; but I haven't seen this
recently.

(I do find that sync'ing the SBR with the SB3 when the latter is off
(on standby) results in both playing in sync, but the SB3's display,
and the Controller's status, looks like it's still off! Trying to turn
the SB3 "on" actually turns it off properly, and breaks the sync. Thank
heavens for the Other Players plugin, which lets me turn on the SB3
while connected to the SBR, then tell the SBR to sync with it.)

I turn off my SB3 and SBR each night (at the socket), hibernate the PC
that's running SC (7.1, official release), and turn off the wireless
router. I used to turn off the Controller as well, but found myself
always wishing it was already on when I needed it, so now just leave it
on (in its cradle).  Despite it losing all its SBs and then the whole
damn network, when I restart the other bits next day, so far all is
well.

(Quite why I don't just start the controller as part of starting up
everything else, I'm not sure.  It just felt like every time I wanted
to use it, it was off, and took longer to start up than I was prepared
to wait. One problem with the bleeding-edge releases was finding the
Controller wanting to update itself almost every day, just when I
wanted to use it *now*!)

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie