On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 17:25:47 -0700
David Thomas <davidleotho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop>
> wrote:

> >> I strongly agree.  I while ago I suggested "Catalyzing creation of
> >> public goods" among other ideas for a new tagline.  "Catalyzing
> >> creation..." was definitely too vague, but the term "crowdmatching"
> >> didn't occur to me until a few months later.  I think this new
> >> combination of "crowdmatching", "fund", and "public goods" is
> >> excellent and should be a big help in quickly giving people a
> >> basic understanding of what Snowdrift.coop is about.
> >>

> > Some alternatives of the same content:
> >
> > Crowdmatching to fund public goods
> > Crowdmatch funding of public goods
> > Crowdmatched funding of public goods
> > Crowdmatch funding for public goods
> > Crowdmatched funding for public goods
> > Crowdmatching funding of public goods
> > Crowdmatching funding for public goods
> > Crowdmatching funds for public goods
> > Public goods funding through crowdmatching
> > Funding public goods through crowdmatching
> > Crowdmatching funds public goods
> >
> > Incidentally, the only shorter one than my initial suggestion is a
> > stranger grammar to parse because it's a complete sentence instead
> > of just a verb clause or a noun clause. I think a clause is better
> > than a sentence. So, it looks like the first suggestion may be best
> > anyway.
> >

> What about dropping "fund"?  "Crowdmatching for public goods"

(cleaned up message order for mailinglist)

The shorter options I see are:

Crowdmatching to fund public goods
Crowdmatching funds public goods
Crowdmatching for public goods
Crowdmatching the public goods
Crowdmatching of public goods
Crowdmatching public goods

The first two keep that inclusion of funding which I do see as
important.

I like the idea of switching slogans to include crowdmatching and
public goods. Especially before the upcoming launch!

--
William Hale
aka Salt

Community Director
Snowdrift.coop

"Free the Commons" <-- maybe not for much longer