Hi all,

Saw this still-very-early-days proposal at
https://www.joaquimrocha.com/2017/09/05/paying-for-foss-apps/

"TrinkGeld is a proposal for a GNOME project (but should be usable in
most free desktops out there) that uses monthly donations and
distributes them to app developers based on how much their apps are
used, together with a Humble Bundle style customization options."

The proposed distribution is more traditional than Snowdrift.coop, but
the enthusiasm for supporting authors of free/libre works is there. I'm
not 100% sure if integration makes sense, but a desktop interface would
be convenient, and projects would be encouraged to try the
Snowdrift.coop funding method.

I suspect any desktop option will have to support the variety of
funding options projects already in use.

I left a comment mentioning Snowdrift.coop and Haskell developers ;)

Regards,
David