Hi all,

As per our first effort,

http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/2015-small-batch.html
angus.readthedocs.org/en/2015/week3.html

we’re going to try it again!

We will be running a week-long set of Carpentry-style tutorials on genomics
from Feb 6-12, 2016, at the Bodega Marine Lab. (BML is equally inconvenient to
get to
from Berkeley and Davis, and is reasonably accessible from the SFO airport.
It’s close
to some wonderful but cold beaches, and some very nice breweries.)

We are looking for a few instructors/lecturers; travel and lodging would be
covered.
If you are a trained Software Carpentry or Data Carpentry instructor and are
interested in trialing your
own genomics material on a captive audience, investigating reproducibility
awesomeness, or
otherwise coming and hanging out to teach and train and develop, please respond
to me and
Jessica Mizzi (CCed). We’d like a brief description of your proposed lesson;
see below for
some suggestions, and see angus.readthedocs.org/en/2015/week3.html for what we
ended up with last time.

We are not, at this time, looking for *attendees* ;). That will come later when
we have
the line up of topics and instructors.

———

Some suggested guidelines when thinking about a topic:

* please plan your presentations to be interactive, copy-paste, and
cloud-based.  They should be in Markdown or reST, and under a permissive CC
license (I suggest CC0).

* ideally they would run on Amazon EC2.  Happy to help you get that working. If
they don’t work on EC2 and work on individual laptops, make sure to allow LOTS
of time for installation!

* I’m reserving about 3 hours on the schedule for each one, which (by typical
software carpentry etc experience) means an even mix of talking, running
things, and troubleshooting/debugging.

------

—titus