I have a feeling you're in the wrong folder for some weird reason, maybe
the cd didn't work out?

What do you see when you type "ls tools/filters/blockquote2div.py"?

I guess one workaround would be to find blockquote2div.py (it should be
in git-course/tools/filters/blockquote2div.py - if it's not there try
git cloning again )

so that you can replace the relative path of
"tools/filters/blockquote2div.py" by the absolute path (something like
/home/your_username/git-course/tools/filters/blockquote2div.py ) in the
Makefile