Dear Anelda,

thank you for your reply. I think we have to go through the discussion again about what should this lesson contain that you bring up. In nuce, I think we should concentrate on 1-2 core principles behind cloud and hpc. I agree that many scientists are confused by the availability of computing resources today. Therefor, I had in mind teaching HPC (classical simulations) versus HTC (a majority of bioinformatics, image processing, deep learning, cloud stuff) based on a somewhat simple example without diving too much into the details of the underlying APIs. With this, I hope to convey a simple mental model that will help participants not only to exploit HPC/cloud more effectively but also to judge available technologies better.

I warmly invite you to repost your reply in a contrived manner here:
https://github.com/swcarpentry/hpc-novice/issues

Best,
Peter