Hi to all,

I was discussing the idea of an "inverted class room" teaching approach with a friend of mine who is a high school teacher (he uses that based on video recordings for his students ... just awesome AFAIK). I was hence wondering, if people have tried to teach the carpentry lessons in this way?

This would mean, that I record some of the parts of a carpentry lesson in video(s) (10-15 minute each) and ask the students to watch these videos before the carpentry bootcamp! The in-presence part of the workshop is then used to do exercises and try to fortify the content of the videos.

For me the biggest advantage of this approach is, that each learner can overcome the initial steep learning curve given their own speed of learning - which is a constant source of trouble when I teach.

Looking forward to your feedback -
Peter

--
Peter Steinbach, Dr. rer. nat.
Scientific Software Engineer, Scientific Computing Facility

Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH
Löscherstr. 16
01309 Dresden
Germany

phone +49 351 210 2882
fax   +49 351 202 707 04
www.scionics.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dresden (Main office)
Amtsgericht - Registergericht: Dresden HRB 20337 (Commercial Registry)
Ust-IdNr.: DE813263791 (VAT ID Number)
Geschäftsführer: John Duperon, Jeff Oegema (Managing Directors)