Hi,

If you are based in the UK or not, you should consider attending Collaborations
Workshop 2018. More details below.

All members of the research software community are invited to discuss culture
change, productivity and sustainability at the Software Sustainability
Institute Collaborations Workshop 2018 (CW18) on
26th-28th March, in Cardiff.

We are pleased to have Kirstie Whitaker, a Research Fellow at the Alan Turing
Institute with a long journey as an open science advocate, as one of our
keynote speakers. In addition to learn from
Kirstie, attendees will have the opportunity to share experience during
discussion session, collaborative ideas and mini-workshops. On the 28th, we
will have a hackday with some prizes for the winner
project.

There is still time to propose a mini-workshop and share something from your
researcher utility belt or discuss approaches to boost culture change or
productivity. For those that need a bit of
inspiration, proposals on the lines of "Using GitLab to project manage home
renovation priorities" or "100% Emacs: How To Do Everything In Emacs" will be
considered.

When registering for Collaborations Workshop 2018 on our Eventbrite page, you
will find a field related to mini-workshops & demos where you can describe your
ideas for the session. We will be
contacting proposers on Friday 2nd March.

For more information, please visit https://www.software.ac.uk/cw18. Tickets for
the event are available on Eventbrite.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Please feel free to forward this email to any relevant contacts.

Best wishes,

--
Raniere Silva
Community Officer, Software Sustainability Institute