This is NOT  meant for support, but to provide you feedback on Open Office.

I have been in the computer business to see apps come and go. From Scripsit, to Wordstar, to WordPerfect, and finally Winword. I have created web pages using Notepad, Frontpage, even cumbersome Winword.

I decided to give your product a try, all in the spirit of supporting the open source projects. I have to say, it has been a bit tough. My comments are restricted to the HTML component.

- I make extensive use of styles when I create documents of any size. I find styles eminently useful in giving a document a consistent look. I have not found a reliable way of making changes to a style stick. I have used Format/Styles, and Format/Stylist to make changes to the style. Neither have worked. The format keeps reverting to a previous setting necessitating frequent updates.

- When you hit CTRL-Home from inside a table, you are taken to the first cell of the table, not to the top of a document

- Highlight a bunch of paragraphs it the down arrow key, and you are taken to the top of the selection; highlight a line of text, hit the down arrow key, and you are taken to the end of the text, a bit inconsistent.

- No preview in a browser that I could find.

I guess that is all for now.

Keep up the incredible work you are doing. I could not program my way out of a paper bag!

Farokh Monajem
Toronto, Canada

--