On Tuesday 25 January 2005 01:12, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 15:03:54 PM -0800, Christian Einfeldt
>
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > For those of you who haven't cruised Ian Lynch's site or looked
> > in detail at Ian's INGOTs biz, you really should do so. Ian has
> > basically hit upon the fantastic idea of helping to build a
> > community by providing OOo skills certification for users
>
> [...]
>
> > I find this model to be incredibly important, and we might
> > wanna look at how we can leverage Ian's idea as a way of
> > bringing people into our community.
>
> When Christian posted this, I had already contacted Ian to do my
> bit to help him and spread the word about INGOTs. Even if it took
> longer than I hoped, the result is now online at:
>
> http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/01/19/1728201

Nice interview, Marco and Ian!

Ian, if you can make it to SF, I have established a good
relationship with a teacher here that I am sure is going to develop
into something quite positive.  I think that you INGOTs program
will really help these kids and the teachers get what open source
is all about.  I have given the school just two computers for now,
but there are plans for much, much more.  This teacher is
completely pumped by FLOSS, because this school has nada, nothing,
zilch, zero, and the kids have less.  We hear about how poor
Extremadura is, but I gotta tell you, these SF kids have so very
little.