Robert Derman wrote:
Rich wrote:
Robert Derman replies: This is the way that M$ Word works too, and I don't like it there either! I got used to Wordstar, which was DOS and not WYSIWYG, but when you changed the *default* font, it stayed changed! Frankly, I would like to see a setting that lets you LOCK font to what you have set.

as joerg already said, it's a designed feature. in this case you (and me) change the font formatting it by hand. try really changing the default font (stylist, default->edit) - it won't jump around then. i guess, styles-only is the best way to work with oo.org :)
Rich