Hristo Simenov Hristov wrote:

By default match case is off
You can turn it on or of. There is a checkbox for that. I do not see the problem. Maybe you have switched on this checkbox and you forgot to turn it off.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

In MSWord I can type "hamlet" in the Find Box and "macbeth" in the Replace Box and it will find all the different capitalisations and replace them accordingly *unless* I have the Match Case box checked.

In OO.o if I type "hamlet" in the Find Box and "macbeth" in the Replace box it will replace *all* versions of capitalisations with the lowercase version I entered in the Replace field. Match Case in OO.o1.1.4 limits to finding the words as entered.

I like the MSWord version because I only have to make one search and replace for a single word or even small group of words. With OO.o I need to repeat the search and replace for each capitalisation of the word for a thorough replacement.