Mark Tallman wrote:

First, let me tell you how wonderful this is! Bravo! As soon as my
spin-off is solidly profitable, we will make contributions, both community
contribution and $'s.
I believe this product has a major shortcoming, one I battle endlessly with
Colleagues and Clients. Early versions of StarOffice has a calendar and
e-mail support. No such features exist in the current product. This is a
MAJOR omission, in that MS bigots point to Outlook and Entourage. It was in
the product. The source code must exist somewhere. Please place these
tools back into the product ASAP. Also, the e-mail would be great if it
could eventually exist as compatible with Exchange Server.

When Sun Microsystems donated source code to make OpenOffice.org free software, I think they omitted included the e-mail client. Maybe you would be interested in a third-party program.

Linux users have Evolution, which has e-mail, a calendar, tasks, and Exchange support.

Novell recently announced they will be porting Evolution to Windows, but this may take some time.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/01/19/HNnovellemail_1.html

There are some other free software programs similar to Outlook, but I haven't used them.

Andrew