Christian,

Thanks for your reasoned and patient response.  I will go off and read
for a while.  I knew when I posted the message that I was likely
broaching something much bigger than my perceived issue.  It's also
good to be reminded from time to time that that the world doesn't
revolve around MS  (I hear beastly rumblings from the direction of
Redmond,  so I'll move right along....) and the United States.  I'll
just lurk for a while now and do some reading.

Thanks,
Rick.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:01:55 -0800, Christian Einfeldt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Rick, and Welcome!
>
> You have raised some really deep issues, and so you should probably
> know that there is a history of conversations around this kind of
> topic that you will enjoy coming up to speed on.  I hope that my
> reply will clearly give you my personal opinion, as well as offer
> some helpful background info.
[snip]