On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 21:45 -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Jonathon,
>
> Do you think there's a chance we'll convince the release team to include a
> few more templates, photos and clipart with OOo? I've been arguing about
> that for ages. There are thousands of public domain photos from Open Clip
> Art and tons of templates we could be shipping with OOo.

>From memory, the main issue with clipart,photos etc were that
Sun could not validate them. So what they wanted was for all
submissions (same with the code) to be licensed as Sun being
part owners. This idea was absurd when it came to public domain
images etc and I believe it was put to the community council
to look at alternatives to the license for special cases such
as art, templates etc.

I would think that we may not be able to put the photos on the
OOo site until this issue is resolved with Sun, but that does
not stop us making a second cdrom image to distribute via our
normal channels. As such, we can have one cdrom with all the
programs, documentation and source, and the second one could be
the templates, clipart, photos etc.

What do other people think?

Regards
Jonathon