Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

> Hm. We just finished the latest of several discussions on such matters.
> Far as I recall without looking at the archives, public domain is
> acceptable.  Also acceptable for the site.

It darn better be.

> But, you are right, one does need to ensure it really is public
> domain.  is that what you mean by "validate"?

The public domain images I just grabbed are from sites that require
contributors to agree that anything they upload is Public Domain.
(openclipart.org and burningwell.org)

So yes, very much public domain. Absolutely, positively PD.

Incidentally, take a look at the mockup for the download page:

http://website.openoffice.org/tryouts/dcarrera/download/contribute.html

Ain't it great?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | Rigorous reasoning from inapplicable
Join OOoAuthors today!  | assumptions yields the world's most