Peter Kupfer wrote:
Rtnmi wrote:
 > I do agree however, that Thunderbird is "awesome".

I can import everything from Outlook2000 to Thunderbird seamlessly except in
my case two *very* important items:
1) Filters

Yeah, TB not transferring filters was sad. Also, you can't copy filters across different e-mail accounts inside TB.

I recently made a new e-mail address for all of the my OOo lists and I had to recreate all of the filters instead of just copying them. Oh well. :(

this is easy: every account is kept in a folder. filters are defined in a text file inside that folder. you can do a lot of tricks with that file: copy it from one folder to another, edit in notepad etc.

having my own mail server i use different aliases for various mailing list. is very easy to manage them in Thunderbird using multiple identities and one single set of filters is applied to all those identities.

--
nicu
my OpenOffice.org pages: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro