"M. Fioretti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in news:20050207044036.GF12273
@mclink.it:

> I know of the issue for placing the word count in the status bar, but
> (as far as I remember) I gave up voting back then because discussions
> here gave me the impression that there was really no feeling or
> acknowledgment of this particular problem.

I, too, would like a word count in the astatus bar. It's a bit beyond my
capabilities to write it, though. I don't think it adds a huge amount to
the functionality you get with a word count in an obvious menu. The big
leap in usefulness comes with a word count at all, rather than a tucked
away field on the document statistics. So I think you're mixing up two
problems, a little. But you're absolutely right that this is something
where marketing has had too little impact.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.