Morgan Ohlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> The most difficult part is writing about difficult subjects which has
> complex structures. (in my oppinion)
>
> In some extent MS has tried to help with that by the outlining in MSWord.
>
> Has OOo wordprocessor any such (hidden) help functions?

There is the Navigator, which shows all the paragraphs in a document which
have been assigned numbering levels. Normally these are the paragraphs with
heading styles. Using the Navigator, you can move these around, with their
sub-paragraphs, promote them, demote them, and so on. In effect, it's an
outlining window, though you can only edit text in the main window beside
it.
But there is one more trick that makes this really useful. If you set your
defaut text style to a numbering level of 10, the first words of every
single paragraph will show up in the navigator even without explicit
numbering and you can then push _them_ around too.
Another trick is to have a special label style for when the argument turns
sharp corners -- that's what I do at the moment -- with quite a high
outline level and write little labels in this style which can then be
deleted in the final draft.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.