Ralph Aichinger wrote:
Can anybody tell me, if in the following screenshots
the marked menu is really necessary? Some dialogs are
in German, but I think everybody gets the idea:

http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/dialogderhoelle/

What I want to say is the following: The topmost configuration
does not make too much sense, does it? If it does not,
as far as my maths tell me, the marked menu is not needed,
if one considers the lower two configurations equivalent (aside from interface locale, that is).

Am I stupid, am I overlooking something or should I file an Issue to remove one of the two menus? Having
a "pleasant optical symmetry" is not enough reason for me.

*Is* there some use for the topmost configuration I
have not thought about?

The fundamental reason for asking this question is,
that I am thinking this dialog is much too complicated
as it is, and adding redundant UI elements only reduces
the chance of people to find out what works or not
by simply trying all permutations.

/ralph -- feel free to flame me, but I really think this
is a dialog from hell.

I agree. I have a hard time understanding that dialog as well. Frankly, the whole business of managing templates in OOo is very confusing to me. It's not clear to me where the templates are stored (for back-ups). This is in direct opposition to the paradigm on Styles which I like very much.

Rod