Cristian Driga wrote:

> There are various tasks related to graphics which need completed for the
> 2.0 release and also for the new website homepage.

One more: An icon.

What I mean by that is a cool image that represents OOo, but fits in a
square. Our current logo is rectangular and it doesn't work well as an
icon or a button. The icon should ideally be pure-image, no text (due to
size issues). Think of the icons for Firefox, Thunderbird, Netscape and
Gimp. You get the idea.

OOo really needs something like that. Especially if we can make it *cool*
like Firefox and Thunderbird.

I went to the presentation on how they marketed Firefox. And one of the
things they worked on was on making an image like what I just described.
At first they advertised it everywhere, people got used to it. And now,
when people see the Firefox icon they inmediately recognize it, even
without the text "Firefox".

This icon should "go well" with the splash screen that we have. The splash
screen has set the stage for our visual image.

I wouldn't be opposed to an icon competition, similar to the splash screen
competition.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.