Richard Doherty wrote:
As someone who has switched from Mic***oft Office to OpenOffice.org, and is trying to
encourage others in my field (environmental engineering) to do the same, I have a
"wish list" for some things that would make the switch to Open Office go even
more smoothly for folks in my profession:

1) It would be great if there were an easier way to tell Calc what sheets of a spreadsheet were to be printed. Also, when I hit print, I often get the sheet that's on the screen, plus one or more other sheets that I didn't need.

Format > Print Range

2) It would be great if there were more border types to choose from in a Calc spreadsheet. Many tables we produce need a double border on the outside, fine lines in the interior, and medium lines to separate the main sections of the table.

I don't understand why you can't do this. Select the area that needs to the double border, apply it, then select each subsequent area, and apply the border.

3) It would be great if it were easier to produce mailing labels from a spreadsheet of names and addresses.

Mail merge is pretty slick. It might help to run it from Writer.

4) It would be great if you could print envelopes to an addressee of a letter you are writing, just by highlighting the address and making a few clicks.

See comment to #3.

I love OpenOffice.org, and I want it to be used by everyone, and that is the motivation for my comments. I do not have the programmiing skills to help with the heavy lifting, but I can help spread the word around. Having the features listed above (or some of them anyway) would help alot in "selling" folks in my business on the benefits of OpenOffice.

They are all there. Most are explained in the help. If you need more, please visit http://documentation.openoffice.org or www.oooauthors.org. All of this is explained if you read it.

Thanks for enjoying and sharing OOo.

--
Peter Kupfer