Justin Clift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mr Rigel Anrndt wrote:
> Actualy. I think that feature is in Writer :) It's just a little bit
> different. Now do you mean stick in text as if it were floating ont he page?
> Or do you mean to start writing anywhere on a line?
>
> If you want to start writing anywhere on a line, you can use the tab stops at
> the top of the page :) The ruler can be very helpful when controling
> relative, or visual margins for paragraphs and such.

Hi Rigel,

I *think* Mitch means being able to click anywhere on the page, and
voila, the cursor is automatically padded out to that spot.

Like, at the moment, if you click 3 inches past the right hand side of a
line, then the cursor is placed on the leftmost point with text (or
whitespacing).

What Mitch seems to mean is that if you click 3 inches past the right
hand point, then OOo invisibly adds enough whitespace to the line to put
the cursor right there.

Yep. That's what I gathered too Clift. I wanted to be certain. So we'll just
hold on a response now :)

i.e. click somewhere and start typing.

Does that make sense to you?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Executive Director
Digital Distribution Global Training Services Pty. Ltd.