Jonathon Blake wrote:
> Christian wrote:
>
>> I am missing the issue here.  I'll try to state it, to see if I've
> got it.  Someone wants to use some feature of the OOo 2.0, but 2.0
> requires Java for that function.
>
> Helix has provided OOo with code that would increase the usefulness of
> Impress.  More specifically, add some features that  some users have
> requested over the years.

There is a comment from one of the graphics project leads who has tried
the patch and posted his results:

<quote>
Just finished my first evaluation and integration of the patch on my
system. First impression from my side is, that this is - in its current
state - not more than an early prototype, showing that other backends
are possible to be integrated. Product quality is in no way given with
the patches. => Sweetc et. al., I had to patch (as Ryan mentioned) some
other code to get it running, so that the attached files and patches
can't be used without any additional work. I will follow up with Ryan on
this to make a product out of it. Target is still unclear for me at the
moment, but won't be OOo 2.0, as far as I can see.
</quote>

So before entering any discussions about why or why not the patch will
or will not be integrated into OOo we should wait until the code has the
necessary quality to get integrated into OOo at all.

>From the issue comment you can see that the graphics project definitely
is interested in the patch, but obviously has some concerns related to
quality. It should be understandable that such a patch will not be
integrated if the next planned release is only a few weeks away.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.