Hi!

20-Мар-2005 14:02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Kupfer) wrote to
discuss@openoffice.org:

>>>IN Word it is possible to save fonts along with the document being used
>> What, exactly do you mean here:
>> a) The document includes the entire font.

     This one. This called embedding font.

>> b) The document has the name of the font.
>> c) Something else.
[...]
PK> To Adrian -- I think if you export as PDF you can avoid this problem (at
PK> least visually) although you can't edit the file.

     AFAIR, you can't edit documents with embedded fonts in MSW also. And I
doubt, that fat beastie, as MSW .doc, especially with embedded font, will be
shorter, than something graphics, like PDF or Dejavu.

PS: I hear, Dejavu have great compression (more than jpeg), but with
preserving text and drawings readability (thus, it recommended for making
books archives). Does someone have experience with this? Isn't there plans
to export into Dejavu[-like] format?