On Ven 25 mars 2005 11:17, Daniel Carrera a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
>> I know people for example wrote a bugzilla extension to allow issues
>> input
>> via XML docs.
>
> Do you know how to do it? Can you find someone who does?
> This discussion is interesting, but if we don't have anyone to try out
> your idea...

Actually this was a sneaky attempt to get someone else write an example
eForm documents ;).

More seriously this is what XForms is designed to do, there is zero
theorical problems doing it, it just needs someone with good knowledge of
IZ internals to setup the entry point the XForm would hit (probably using
bugzilla's xml-rpc support)

Then someone just creates the Form using OO.o, the marketing people can go
wild prettifying the doc, and we're done.

>> Now the question is will people be more at ease with a form in OO.o
>> instead of their browser. I think for a large part of the target
>> audience
>> (that still uses computers as glorified typewriters) the answer is yes.
>
> I think so. But heck, let's try it. Let's get someone to write an XForms
> OOo plugin for filing issues. Let's test it, show it to people, see what
> they think. It if looks good, then we add it to the next release and see
> how users respond.

You wouldn't need a plugin - just a standard oo.o 2 doc with an embedded
XForm.

--
Nicolas Mailhot