"Andrew Carroll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The only two problems I have with it are the fill color I mentioned
> earlier and that when I edit the text of "things" I insert, like
> arrows or boxes, the font always comes up in huge 24 point by
> default.

Open the "Styles and Formatting" floater (F11), select "Graphic
Styles" from the toolbar atop the floater. Right-click the "Default"
style, choose "Modify". Select the "Font" tabpage, and customize to
your needs.

The concept of styles is pretty consistent throughout OOo...

HTH,

--

Thorsten

If you're not failing some of the time, you're not trying hard enough.