James Walker wrote:

> If you read the issue it is basically the same thing listed in there,
> and nothing was done.

1) I thought the UI had already changed.
2) Why is it surprising that developers don't act on this issue, if the subject
line is completely unrelated to the problem you are referring to.

> most programs ask if you want to have the program be the default application.

Fair enough. I agree that's better wording. I think the current one is fine,
but
we can always improve. Please file an issue.

Please don't blame developers for not fixing a problem that they can't
reasonably
be expected to be aware of.

Please don't blame developers for not changing the UI, months after the UI
freeze,
and weeks before the final release.

> Winamp ...

Irrelevant. Please don't sidetrack the discussion with non-issues. You don't
need
to convince anyone that someone might not want to open MSO files with OOo.

> I am starting to see that there is no reason to continue this.  It has
> been an issue for a long time,

Which developers probably thought had been addressed. If you felt this was
important, you should have spoken before the UI freeze. I saw the snapshots
before
the UI freeze and it looked fine to me.

> and is a simple text change, not a code change.

Can you provide a patch?

> And nothing has been done, and nothing will be.

I've seen this dialog change more than once. So your premise is false.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.