Hello Adrian,

> Does the version offered as 2.0 beta constantly change or is it always 1.9.79
>
> --  that is, how do I get the later versions and should I?

The snapshots change every other week or so. The latest one is 1.9.87. One of
the
snapshots was called OOo 2.0 beta. After a few more bugs are fixed, another
snapshot will be called OOo 2.o beta2. And so on.

You can get the latest snapshot here:

http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

Should youget the latest snapshot? I don't know. It depends on what you want.

> And will the download go into an RC sequence at some point as with OOo.1 ?

I guess so.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.