Tony Pursell wrote:
On 31 Mar 2005 at 21:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The problem with the wording of issue 46347 is that it is not a complete specification of the change to the dialog. It also refers to a user action ('If you choose NO') that cannot be taken on the form. I.e. there is no YES/NO choice, only boxes to be checked/unchecked.

If anyone want to propose wording different to mine, or a variation on the wording in 46347, then it must be worked up into a complete solution, like mine, which I repeat here:

OOo 1.9.79 can be made the default application for opening the following file types. This means that if you click on one of these files, OOo will open it, not the Microsoft progam that opens it now. ... then after the list of file types and check boxes, add ... If you are just trying out Open Office, you probably don't want this to happen, so leave the boxes unchecked. If you want to try opening these files in Open Office, you can do that by using 'File Open' and selecting the file there.

I am all for your wording Tony.
Just a little tip: As I understand it, it is a matter of proposing a *single* string text. That's the way to ensure rapid adoption of this change. If Q&A, Requirements team and developers have to evaluate the feasability of adding text *after* the check boxes (where there is none now), I think the whole issue will be delayed a lot.

So do you think that the meaning is preserved in a *two paragraphs*, SINGLE string?

- Enrique -