--- Daniel Carrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could someone confirm the row limit of Excel? Is it 64,000 rows or 65,536
> rows?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
> Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.
> http://oooauthors.org   |

The support for 65, 536 goes back progressively to excel 97 as documented below
by the MSDN

SUMMARY
In Excel 97 and all later versions, text files that contain more than 65,536
rows cannot be opened in their entirety. You cannot open these files because
these versions of Microsoft Excel are limited to 65,536 rows. If you open a
file that contains more data than this, the following error message appears,
and the text file is truncated at the row 65,536:
File not loaded completely.
However, you can use a macro to open the file and automatically break the text
into multiple worksheets

Note Versions of Excel prior to Microsoft Excel 97 have a limit of 16,384 rows.