On Saturday 02 April 2005 11:04, Richard L Jones wrote:
> I understand that OO 1.9.x is beta. But the Powerpoint Import and
> Export has the same issues as the last release (1.0.x). It just
> cannot interoperate with MS Office. It manages to miss photos,
> rerun line endings and export photos with too much compression.
> And when I tried to use the very very very well explained system
> of how to submit an issue on the site, I got all sorts of
> internal server errors (500).
>
> I keep trying Open Source, I guess I will wait to 3.0.

You should try to use Xandros Linux or Linspire, because I have
heard that they run Microsoft Office better.  There is also
something called "Crossover Office."  You could google that name.

Also, OOo 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 are both very good at making a similar type
of presentation called Impress, so you can just give up Microsoft
Powerpoint altogether, if you like.