Peter or Daniel can answer this very easily.

I am investigating the idea of upgrading, updating my dial-up to ADSL.
Sometimes the screen downloads are slow on dial-up, however, for software etc I
use LeechGet.

Now the speed on dial-up is connected at 50,666 bps, reports in Bytes received.
 So
I assume that is bits per second. I have 300hr per month and the most I have
used
is 40 in a month.  The ADSL is 1500 kilobits per second, 24/7 hook up.  BUT, I
noticed a cap on transfer at 10GB. (Also and additional 15hr of dial-up.)

I realize that a kilo byte is 1024 bits.  However, if I remember correctly to
transfer a
byte of data the byte is 8 bits but there is at least a parity bit and a check
bit
associated with the bytes.  Further, when sending a message there are header
bytes
and trailer bytes.  So all these must count in the 10GB of transfer, must not
they?

So if I ran a download at the 1500 kilobits per second constantly,  (I
understand that
that is top speed and may not be achievable all the time.), how many hours
until
10GB max used up?  And how many GB transferred in one hour.  I have calculated
about 0.5 GB per hour.

Any comments please.

Chris