As you are not subscribed, you may have missed this message.

Matt Needles wrote:
Volker Jung wrote:

Perhaps you didnÂt understand the intention behind my posting: I want OO to beat MS...

So do we, but it won't happen by making picayune, derogatory remarks about the programmers or the product. Do something constructive about it. Can you, or are you "inspired" to draw icons that "are able to be liked"?

But I canÂt deny that - just for example - ALL the symbols look like beeing drawn by programmers. IÂm a programmer myself and know that programmers most often donÂt have the inspiration to draw symbols that are able to be liked.

I am also a programmer, but I also consider myself a kind of graphic designer, so I don't complain about the new icons. If I didn't like them, I'd offer some new ones. Your remarks about programmers are insulting, by the way.

By the way: I follow the development of OO since the days of StarOffice beeing under the control of Star...

NOTHING has changed since years

You obviously have not seen the new 2.0 work. Before you continue this attitude, you need to look at the new version, which, as I said, has been extensively reworked in the UI area. It is NOT "designed by children doing their first steps." All the icons were re-drawn, and look very nice.

(despite functionality, but thatÂs NOT

all a program needs to reach the masses). For example it starts with standard option to draw a grey rectangle around a new "word"-document. I hate this rectangle because of expecting a WYSIWYG-program. I just donÂt get that silly grey rectangle on any normal piece of paper. This option has to be a additional - not a standard feature. Otherwise you turn a WYSIWYG-program into bullshit that has to be turned into WYSIWYG first... Nothing people really like.

And, please, refrain from profanity on this public forum.

<BIG SNIP 8<--->8

Matt Needles
OOo Volunteer tester/coach

Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org
For OOo tips: http://openoffice.peschtra.com/tips/ooo_tips_tricks.html
To order OOo: http://openoffice.peschtra.com/distro/ooo_distro.html