If you have enough machines to use one as a prototype station, then you may consider trying a slimmed down install of Debian + KDE(in kiosk mode) or Fluxbox (plus icons). From experience, it's much easier to manage . and maintain than Win98, which I used to have on a home machine.

You'll still be able to run OOo on them, plus you'll get a few other utilities. Performance may improve, too.

One of your regulars or a friend of theirs might be able to work out the details if you need a hand. That's how a friend of mine got all her public library terminals over to linux, which has run well there since 1999. The linux skills her regular learned while helping her eventually got him a full time job.

-Lars
Lars Nooden ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Software patents harm all Net-based business, write your MEP:
        http://wwwdb.europarl.eu.int/ep6/owa/p_meps2.repartition?ilg=EN