[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Reading through this mails i see that the list very active, and
> discussing what to do to develop openoffice- and the work done with
> OOo since it is existing is very impressing. I'm a user moving
> towards maybe development or at least fixing now, since i want to use
> OOo on my uniarch x86_64 system, but compiling fails, and i sent a
> report to the dev list, mentioning the problems i found, and where
> i'm finaly stuck (a missing header, which cant be simply "fixed). But
> there was no reaction yet at all, which is kinda dissapointing
> regarding the activity here. So the theory to improve work with new
> people is one thing, but doing it seems to be even more difficult.

Usually questions on the dev lists are answered if somebody knows the
answer.

The problem you found relates to work completely done by volunteer
developers, no one of the "core" developers works on the 64Bit port (or
uses gcj). So please give the developers that might know your problem
some time. If they don't answer in a reasonable time you could try
asking again. But it might be possible that either nobody understands
your question or nobody knows the answer - you are working at the
"bleedin edge".

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.