On Sunday 24 April 2005 04:10, Luis Sales wrote:
> Helo,
>
> I would like to know if there is any idea of making a version for
> PDA, in my case for Palm OS, or if there some way of viewing and
> editing OpenOffice files in Palm OS.

Probably not.  There has been much talk about making a program
called "OOo light", because OOo is a rather large program, although
much smaller than Microsoft Office.  Your best solution is probably
to consider buying Softmaker Office, and installing it on your
desktop and your palmtop.  You can then cut and paste from OOo to
Softmaker, and then transfer your files from your desktop or
notebook to your palmtop.

Softmaker is remarkably lightweight and yet robust.  It really is a
minor miracle in engineering.  Unfortunately, for right now, it is
also proprietary.  However, among proprietary programs, it is one
of the few to challenge Microsoft Office and survive, which in
itself is another minor miracle.  You can find it here.  I do not
work for Softmaker, nor do I have any financial interest in them.

http://www.softmaker.com