How about that - I see the same thing. I haven't put 1.9.95 through its paces much yet since installing - just editing an existing file.

Interesting.

'Trevor Farlow' wrote on 04/26/05 02:24:

Has anyone else noticed German text labels at the bottom of file manipulation dialog boxes in English OOo 1.9.95? I find this in Windows XP but not in Ubuntu Linux (I think...I forgot to double check before coming back into Windows).

By "file manipulation" I mean to include Open, Save As, Export, etc. I have not found any German in other dialog boxes - Options, Customize, for instance.

Instead of "Automatic File Extension" I get "Automatische Dateinamenserweiterung" next to the checkbox below the file type dropdown menu, and so on for the rest of the checkboxes in any of the named dialogs. It does seem to be limited to checkbox labels, though.

While I love my German friends and all, I'd rather my software 'speak' to me in English. ;-)

Did I just get a bad download or does anyone find the same?

Ciao,

Trevor